Lightbox Effect

domenica 13 dicembre 2009

Laurel work's - Auction for Maasai Atto IV

What Laurel Likes About Painting and Art: (fonte da mwctlaurelholloman.com)
As I get older, and after having children, I feel that it's most important that I follow my passions more vigorously. It quells my own fear of immortality, which I felt more intensely after giving birth and adopting. Although commercial success at some level feels good, it doesn't necessarily motivate me in my work or my personal life. On a more visceral level, there's a feeling that comes with painting that I never quite feel with acting. A painting can stay with me for days or months and haunt me, kind of like an obsession. With acting, once you have a good take or a great scene, there's a high and then it's over, at least for me. Only a character can haunt me, especially now that I mostly work in television, it's more rare. The last time that happened was during The L Word season one finale Tony Goldwyn directed in which I lost myself in the scene. Or, in episode 211 directed by John Curran. He shot my stomach the day before I went into labor and my daughters feet were pressing against my skin. Those moments were haunting in a way I love.
Bene, Bette Porter aveva un'artista in casa e non lo sapeva...




0 comments:

Posta un commento



ti piace?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ti può interessare anche: